Food Hygiene Principles
Any successful food business needs
to have excellent food hygiene standards. If you don't, then the
consequences can be dramatic. They could include food poisoning,
a loss of customers and even fines and imprisonment.
Food safety is all about
keeping food free from contamination and therefore protecting
your customer's health.
This module will introduce the main
principles of food hygiene and cleanliness essential in any food
establishment, including the one that you work in.
downloadable pdf file is available here and includes:
GENERAL GUIDE & PART 1
AIMS OF THE SEGMENT
By the end of this segment you’ll be
• State how the Food Hygiene Legislation
affects fried fish shops;
• Know the importance of personal hygiene;
• Outline why cleaning and disinfection
• List the basic principles of HACCP
(Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points);
• Understand the importance of looking
after your frying range;
• Explain the correct procedures for
the storage and disposal of refuse.
to frying skills page
For more information check out the Seafish website