What You Need To
Know About Health and Safety And The Law
The Law is an area that frightens many
people. There’s such a lot of it for a start ... and it’s hard
to find out what it is until you break it.
In this module we’re going to look briefly
at some areas which most affect you. Work steadily through the
module and remember headings. A good lawyer does not know all
the Law. They just remember where to look for it!
This module must not be taken as authoritative.
If you have any legal problems, see your solicitor.
AIMS OF THE SEGMENT
When you have completed this section
you’ll be able to:
• Outline the key points of the Health
and Safety at Work Act 1974;
• Outline the main points of the Workplace
(Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992;
• Outline the COSHH (Control of Substances
Hazardous to Health) Regulations;
• Identify the main danger points in
your fried fish shop;
• List the powers of a Health and Safety
• State the consequences of failing
to comply with an improvement notice;
• List the various types of fire extinguisher
• State how to deal with a frying range
• Understand the requirements for needing
a Fire Certificate.
downloadable pdf file is available by clicking here
to frying skills page
For more information check out the Seafish website