What You Need To Know About Health and Safety And The Law
The Law is an area that frightens many people. There’s such a lot of it for a start ... and it’s hard to find out what it is until you break it.
In this module we’re going to look briefly at some areas which most affect you. Work steadily through the module and remember headings. A good lawyer does not know all the Law. They just remember where to look for it!
This module must not be taken as authoritative. If you have any legal problems, see your solicitor.
When you have completed this section you’ll be able to:
• Outline the key points of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974;
• Outline the main points of the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992;
• Outline the COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) Regulations;
• Identify the main danger points in your fried fish shop;
• List the powers of a Health and Safety Inspector;
• State the consequences of failing to comply with an improvement notice;
• List the various types of fire extinguisher available;
• State how to deal with a frying range fire;
• Understand the requirements for needing a Fire Certificate.
For more information check out the Seafish website fish friers page